Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Men who made me-II

I can still remember that cover drive as it is happening right infront of my eyes although it might have happened some nine years back on a typical weeknight.That great Innings in the super six match against South Africa at the 99 world cup ,which altered a nightmare of a situation in to a glorious win.Coming from Nowhere,he produced one of the greatest one day innings of all time.And I dont have to say he is,Stephen Rodger Waugh.

The way,he fought against bouncers ,how he mastered his team during tough times is just amazing.And when they lost some important test matches in a row,a message came out of the man and was stuck on the bathroom on one fine morning,

"Today is the first day of our journey to the Invincible"

They made that 15 wins in a row -record right from that day....

He brought it me something that always keeps me going

"Perseverence".

1 comment:

Robin said...

Seems to be taking a lot of lessons back home from sports.. :)