Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Nano-Taking India to the World


Amidst the hype of 'nano,the 1-lakh car or as they say the car of the common man,"how big an achievement this is ?" is the biggest question before us

No wonder that this is a giant step forward and one of the greatest,if not 'the greatest' in Indian automobile industry...

It was like looking every step of the process making a car and finding out,"How can we do it cheaper?". Mr.Ratan Tata and Tata has made the cheapest car on the planet and has given hopes to millions of people who had dreamed of owning a car, that their dream would come true..
Some features of the car that highlights how big is the achievement ...

* It is 8 per cent shorter than the smallest car in the market.

*It is two and a half per cent lower than that car.

*Cheapest car in China is the double the price of our nano
And for the environmentalists and TV pundits who argue that the advent of these cars would increase CO2 levels,the reply is

"Who are you, you work in glass-fronted offices & drive four-wheelers and say that others cannot/should not upgrade because its bad for the environment. Clearly, there have to be other ways of solving the looming green crisis."-cnnibn

Let us admire the great work of the 500 engineers behind this car and hope that such inventions can move our country forward making the life of every indian HAPPIER...

1 comment:

Amrutha said...

I just read your comment on my blog post: The Pursuit of Happyness.

And it's true, I am either criticizing something or admiring the Bible for its private lessons so I will check out the book you recommended.

I liked this post because since its release, I've been debating its value and impact on India with my friends.

However, I'd like to add my view on the Nano sometime. A little busy these days but I'll post my view in a week or two.