Saturday, January 3, 2009

The "The year that was" post

I would remember 2008 as the year that witnessed a lot happening around my life.Apart from the fuzz that would normally be there with your transition from a student to an employee,there was everything i could ask for

January to 6th May :The first four months have been the most enjoyable amidst the last few days of my college with nothing to study and everything to have fun.A lot of friends,movies,chatting,sleeplessness(I dont remember a day sleeping before 2.00 am).It would surely be remembered as the best days of my life.How our final year project(There wasn't one actually) turned to be a disaster and how we surrendered ourselves into our project guide during the final month was hilarious even then.Those where days when I would ve said "So what?" even if the sky was falling upon me....

19th May to July 22 nd:The days of so called "Training" at the job.I was determined to give my best and do whatever I could to perform well.The days when i enjoyed studying ,learning new concepts and ideas everyday.those were days that i rediscovered my passion for working hard and realized the fruit of hardwork and dedication.

July 23 rd to Sept 12th : Call it fate or anything ,I was asked to be in bench for these days.the days that reminded me of the final semester in colege life.Again I did nothing,not doing justice to what I learnt in the earlier days.Nothing much happened during these days except for the one-of visit to the college to my certificates and seeing my old friends again and got a glimpse of the old times.

Sept 13 th to December 31:Was finally allocated to a project which was a really good team.I began to understand slowly what it meant to be sucessfull in this software life.I was getting a picture how actually the software industry works and was trying to find the missing part of the puzzle to be passionate about it.It was really painful to miss the old careless college life and movies


This year would be there in my heart as the one in which i got my first salary and the one in which i was able to see a cricket match with my childhood heros in it at the chinnasamy stadium.

No comments: