Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The greatest Book I have ever read

In my Tewnty one years of life,probably 10 years spent as I wished (to a certain extent atleast),and in all these years I have never been moved by a movie or a book.It was this one ,the very famous "The Godfather" by Mario Puzo,that touched my heart with such profound brutality,that I never really came out of it for almost a day.

I feel it as a great previlege to come across such a masterpiece and chose it to read(In fact I saw it the very first month of my College life and thought of reading it someday) in my final year.The greatness of the truth shown in their words,the strategic brilliance,the coolness of those hearts,the way they saw death,the way they lived seeing death every minute they lived,were just too much to bear for an ordinary heart like ours.

At the end of a very long sequence of days(around 15),the life of a man who lived the life of a century just moved me into oblivion after those long hours,I could hear Don Corleone saying"Let your friends underestimate your virtues and your enemies overestimate your faults".The will with which Micheal accepts his fathers legacy even though he never wanted to be like his father,just tells you the respect that a Coleone has for his family.

And it had a fitting climax,with Tessio betraying Micheal,and saying in his death
"Tell Micheal ,it is all business,I have always liked him."

And the very famous R.K.Rowling says in her Harry Potter "It is like the Wand choosing the master".I think the same is true for books after reading this...

No comments: