Thursday, September 27, 2007

I was there when it happened

I heard Harsha Bhogle say."We were there when it happened."I could feel the profound intensity of those words right through my heart.What a fitting finale to the game's youngest child.
Watching cricket right from the age of eight,I have sat for hours infront of that 'idiot box',hoping against hopes for an Indian Victory in a major tournament.After nearly a decade and a half of waiting,finally,the Indian Cricket teamhas given me something that I can say
"I am proud of being a cricket fan and experience that exclusive rush in my heart on that glorious minute of Indian victory."

I was there when it happened,I was there witnessing how the victory was scripted,manufactured in the dressing room right fron the day Dhoni was made the captain.

Nearly a minute after Sreesanth held to that catch of his lifetime,I could not stop those wonderful liquid drops coming out of my eyes,for the very first time of my life,I wept seeing a sports incident(in real life).


For those of you who are not so passionate about Cricket,Please understand that there is something in here that you couldnot get anywhere else...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was a great description of the brilliant night ,buddy